Thursday, May 31, 2012

Happiness Revised

This is the response to the "Happiness Revised" article we read in class

1. I feel happy when I am challenging myself and taking the oppurtunity to volunteer and help others. Challenging myself is important because if I do not, I never know what I am capable of doing. And if I do not know what I am capable of then I do not know what to expect from myself. Thus, it is important to challenge youself to extend your boundries because that gives you joy for trying and learning about yourself. I may be most happy after volunteering, even though the work may be hard or boring, at the end I know that I have doing something for more than myself and that makes me happy. Also getting out of my comfort zone and experiencing new boundaries gives me joy because I enjoy trying new things.
2. I thought the article was accurate to the feeling of happiness and how to get to that certain point of happiness. It mentioned that we do not have to be rich, beautiful, and smart to be happy. I think that is true because we see from social media and magazines that the most happy people are the ones with the best characteristics and looks. But, what are the best characteristics? How do we determine that someone looks good? We all have different percepetions on what looks good. The only thing that matters is how individuals view themeselves and what they believe looks good. And if that individual believes they are happy then we should not be telling them to change or how to be happy by looking at another person/celebrity.
3. I feel confident in myself to an extent. Meaning I know what I am and not good at, but that does not mean I am not going to improve on what I believe I am not good at. I do know that I am comfortable with what I want to do in my life and I am confotable with trying new things or improving my abilities because no one is perfect.
4.Throughout, my project I have always felt happy because I get to learn new things and be more dependent on myself to complete my work. I get to interact with people I would not have meant if it was not for this project. I also learned that I get to experince new abilities that I did not have such as drawing and communication. Thus, I feel happy doing this project because I learned that I could get out of my comfort zone and challenge myself to do what I want.
5. You can achieve "flow" by challenging yourslef to new limits and developing new skills, while also improving the quality of life around you. That is my perception of being happy, but who am I to tell you how to be happy their are many paths to do that and everyone has their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment