Monday, June 11, 2012

Sketching

I do not have an office like an architect, but like all great minds that went to become successful; I started  working in the basement. As you can see in the pictures below there are some of my sketches and my working area.
In the first image their is a very basic design of my building and below it are numbers. Those numbers represent measurements that I had to calculate to determine the size of my model. I did not use some actual ratio from the actual size, but simply challenged myself to try design the model with my material constraint. I only had a certain amount of material so I measured the total amount of materials  I had, which was roughly 5000 square inches and the size of my base board was 24" X 18".
The second and third image show the tools i used, my air hockey desk. Some basic tools architects use are triangular rulers, which have different measuring increments to sketch a model from it's actual size. A ruler with a 90 degree placement to draw a straight line. Then a razor, pencil, and eraser.



No comments:

Post a Comment