Monday, March 26, 2012

Two Tramps In Mud Time by Robert Frost

Our WISE homework assignment was to read the poem "Two Tramps In Mud Time" by Robert Frost and relate it to our WISE project. Their were pieces of sentences that I was able to find to connect to the project.

"And of them put me off my aim," in this part of the sentence the main character is trying to cut wood, when two lumberjacks show up. Thus, he gets distracted and missed the wood when he swung his axe. Lately I have been distracted from my WISE project and it can really throw you off schedule.

" Be glad of water, but don't forget The lurking frost in the earth beneath That will steal forth after the sun is set And show on the water its crystal teeth." Modern architecture is focused on design, efficiency, and sustainability; it is more convenient to apply these concepts to place's that are closer to the equator because they receive the most sunlight. Therefore, their is a larger availability of designs to use to create the most efficient structure, unlike places in New York wear architect's have to think of new ideas to build structures that are sustainable knowing their would be less sunlight because of seasonal changes and earths rotation.

" My object in living is to unite My avocation and my vocation As my two eyes make one in sight." The biggest challenge in my project is to create a structure that improves the quality of the environment, by not interfering with the quality of human life. I could have just chosen to create a structure that is in a tree, something extremely nature, but the purpose of an architect is to create a design that serves the needs of people. That is why I am trying to combine my love of environmental sustainability with the needs of human purpose so they can both function as one, in a balance, that supports each others life.

No comments:

Post a Comment